Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Diving At Last.......

Last weekend I got a chance to dive in Sipadan even though it's a peak season for divers. Thank God, I knew people here who can arrange for me to dive in Sipadan even it's kinda last minute coz most tourist have to wait for days to get a permit. Thank you guys!!!

I went and stay at Billabong Homestay in Mabul. It was not a fancy resort and provided only basic accommodation and food. Maybe I'm so used to travel in luxury and kinda not comfortable in that type of place BUT the divers/snorkelers that I met there was friendly and we became instant friends. Since I went there alone, so I just hang out with them through out the day.

Unfortunately I was sick with high fever and throat infection since last Thursday. I took an injection on Friday to ease the fever. Came Saturday I was still groggy but still decided to get in to the island but I didn't dive on Saturday just chill out on the beach with my new found friends there. Sunday, I still not very well but I don't care coz this was the last time I can go diving before the fasting month. So, I went for a 3 dives on Sunday (2 in Sipadan and 1 in Oil Rig).
Me and My Frog Fish

During my first dive, I have a slight problem to equalize but as experience diver, I just hang on and go on with it. After seeing how amazing the Barracuda Point, all the grogginess was gone. It was really amazing that day with school of barracuda dancing. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I saw white tip sharks sleeping under the big hard coral and that was amazing as well even though the sharks in Sipadan were much smaller than in Palau. The last dive, I saw one of my favourite fish i.e Frog Fish. I don't why but I really like to see frog fish maybe coz it has a limb (kind of). Overall, it was a good weekend dive trip even though I'm still kinda sick (not fully recover) until now heheheh.
Me and Scorpion Fish (i guess). It's a scorpion family type of fish

Thank you guys who made my weekend. I hope to see you guys again!!! esp to Maja & Anne Sofie (the danish girls), Jimmie the Swedish guy, Daniel the Swiss guy and Goh from Kuching. And to those helping me out to get the Sipadan diving permit, thank you sooo much. I hope to dive in Sipadan again after Aidilifitri... Oh ya, forgot to mention that I tried out my new Suunto D4 dive computer during my last dive and I'm happy with its performance.

3 comments:

Mohd Syafei Ahmad said...

Lutfi,

Who was your divemaster? Miding ke? kat sana jumpa Loreina tak dia instructor kat sana.

of thought and me said...

Miding cuti la.. yg ada Eddy and Johnny jer... y la???

Mohd Syafei Ahmad said...

haha ko tengok la pic diving kitorang kat facebook aku.