Monday, June 16, 2008

Borneo Games 2008

The Games ended today and sad to say that we failed to reach our target of at least bronze medal. Sabah team finished forth placing but at least it was an improvement from last year edition where we finished last. Personally, I'm not satisfied with my performance for this year Games coz I lost 2 out of 3 matches. I played too safe and didn't take much risk in the games. I lost the 2 matches because I'm too afraid to lose the point and I didn't hit my normal strokes instead opt for a safer but attackable strokes. Maybe the nerves getting out of me. Mentally, I need more competitive matches to get my game going as what I did in practice. At least the score was quite close and it give me hope for next year edition. Overall, I'm happy with Sabah Tennis team performance coz we're very supportive of each other and eager to do better for next year edition. The team are young and improving. I'm sure we'll be able to get at least a silver medal next year. Since we have to play 3 matches (best of 3 sets) within 24 hours, my body really aching right now and I need a very good relaxation massage for the muscle. I'll continue my travelogue in my next post coz now I really need a good rest.

No comments: