Monday, May 12, 2008

Farewell Guga, Farewell.. A Tribute


Hi again. Since I got nothing to write these past few days. So I decided to bid farewell to my all time favourite tennis player i.e Gustave Kuerten a.k.a Guga. I really adore his style of play and I took up tennis coz of him. That was after he won his first Roland Garros title i.e way back in 1997.



Unfortunately he'll be retiring this year and Roland Garros starting 26 May - 8 June 08 will be his last tournament. I wish him the best even though it's quite unlikely he'll get past the first round. Unfortunately I might not get to see his last match coz I'll still be travelling during that time unless he goes far into the tournament. Since Roland Garros is his first tournament & Grand Slam title, it's fitting that he'll end it there. By the way, he won the tournament THREE times already.



Of all his matches, i think the best he played was during 2000 Master Cup in Lisbao (Lisbon). Then he beat Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras on an indoor court (which is not his favourite surface) to claim the title and finished the year as the No.1 player in the world in 2000. Anyway, I wish him all the best and tennis world will lost such a great personality on court. Farewell......

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Kau ingt rambut kau ala ala rambut dia kau boleh jd hebat mcm dia ke???!