Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Finale

30 May 2008 (Day 15) - Delhi Again!!!!!!!
We have to wake up very early in the morning (6.00am) coz we need to be at Paro airport two hours before our flight i.e 8.55am. We felt very sad leaving such a magnificent and peaceful country and by midnight our journey will end. The airport yet small but was very nice looking with compulsory traditional decorative (see below). The only airline operating in Paro is Drukair. They don't allow any other airlines to come in. That's why they can control the price (no doubt it's expansive) but not many people go to Bhutan anyway and sometime they flew back empty.We flew from Paro-Kathmandu-Delhi and it took about three hours. I'm soooo don't wanna be in Delhi again after my previous experience and if I have extra money I'll definitely choose flying to Bangkok and back to KL by Airasia. It turn out that Paro-Kathmandu route was the most scenic flying time I ever had. We can see all the snow capped mountain from Kanchenjunga to Everest (see below). It was really an amazing 55 minutes journey and all the tourists (including us) took photos and videos non stop (until it landed in Kathmandu). For me, it was the greatest flying experience and you have to be there to feel it. Surprisingly, Druk Air in-flight services were excellent and it was even better than 'kononnye 5-star' MAS.Then we proceed to Delhi (the worst place you can be in this planet so far). As we landed in Delhi (around 12pm) I saw MAS plane that still didn't take off so I rush to the counter after I saw the board mentioned it was delay until further notice. I'm sooo wanna be in that plane back coz I don't wanna spend another 11 hours in Delhi waiting for our original flight which is at 11.30pm. As I expected Indian will always be Indian. I don't wanna say much here coz I don't wanna sound racist again hehehe. In the end, we have no choice but to kill 11 hours in Delhi. Worst still there was so many Indians sleeping outside the airport and I just don't understand why they did that and the smell was soooooooooo horrible. We can't check in our luggage yet coz we can only get inside the airport three hours before departure, SUCKSSS!!!!! In the end, we have to store our luggage at the ONLY and very unreliable looking luggage storage at the airport. No choice, no?

Again as expected the sneaky airport taxi bastard wanna play drama with us. I just soo fed up with India and felt that I will never wanna return again (only if i have to). I asked him to bring us to Connaught Place for shopping but in the middle of nowhere he stopped the taxi and waiting for his friend to bring us around. We waited for about half an hour in the the searing heat (45 C). If not because we don't have much rupees left (300 rupees jer yg tinggal), we'll definitely go down and try to find another taxi or tricycle.

His friend drove us round and round from one stupid shop to another until we kinda ran away from him and hailed a tricycle. Thank God that it'll only cost us another 100 rupees to get to Connaught Place where I can withdraw the cash from ATM. At one of the shop that he brought us, the owner scolded us coz we don't wanna buy anything. He said 'if you don't wanna buy anything, don't waste your here'. I'm really pissed off coz I don't even wanna go to his stupid shop in the first place. Indians are really a stupid creature that God has ever created, period!!!

I really have no mood to do anything and just wish that we can fly back there and then. I hate this place sooo much. Because of the drama, we end up having our lunch around 3pm. After lunch we went to the biggest underground bazaar i.e Palika Bazaar. As expected Indians are very pushy to sell their things. It was a struggle for us to be in the bazaar but we did buy a few things after much of hard bargaining. After that we went to a bookstore coz I wanna Paulo Coelho books. During the journey I finished reading 'The Alchemist' and I really like his writing and decided to buy more of his work. Surprisingly, book in India is very much cheaper than in Malaysia. It costs only RM23.00, so I bought 'The Witch Of Portobello', 'The Pilgrmage' and 'Brida'. The Alchemist was really intriguing and his style of writing is very captivating. Latest that I heard Lawrence Fishburne had finally bought the right to produce the adaptation film based on 'The Alchemist'.

Then we went back to the airport and check in as early as we can get inside. Unfortunately, our 5 star MAS delayed again (for the second time today) and finally we boarded at 1.30am which already 2 hours late from the original time (very 5-star la kan..). Indian drama doesn't end in India, they wanna do Bollywood movie inside the plane pulak, mati la... The flight full of Indians and it create havoc inside with the noises and the kids exactly seated in front of me puke on the aisle. They even throw the food everywhere in the plane (very la kampungan). It was so horrific and I pity the crew hehehe. I felt relieved when we landed at KLIA coz it was like waking up from a very horrific Indian nightmare and back to civilization.

The Moral Of My Journey : DON"T GO TO INDIA!!!!! (except Darjeeling and Sikkim) unless if you have to. Their tourism tag line is 'Incredible India'. What??? I think they should put it as 'Incredibly Horrific India'. It was a shame coz India have plenty to offer for tourism and I would like to venture into Ladakh someday BUT because of the attitude of the Indians make me wanna forget India totally.

1 comment:

Rush Murad said...

Salam... i really enjoyed reading ur travelogue and at the same time envy with the places that u've been... very good travel tips and excellent writings.

p/s: I must say that after reading ur travel to India, I need to review on my plan to go there next year.... :D